Saturday, October 8, 2016

Our Cross-Country Move (2 months delayed)


Wow- what a ride it has been!  Exactly two months ago today, we were traveling through the middle of Nebraska, anxiously awaiting our pit-stop in Colorado.  
 

The big yellow moving truck with our Buick towed behind us was not the most comfortable way to travel, though a much smoother process than actually ACQUIRING the moving truck (sad, over told story that we hope to never relive again).  Although our main goal was to make it to the Seattle area as quickly as possible, we were able to have some fun on our way out! 



 We got glimpses of the Rockies in Colorado (and wished we could’ve stayed longer),






 drove across the absolutely beautiful state of Wyoming (and spent an extra hour there due to a flat tire), 






and even got to hit the corner of Utah to eat my very first In-N-Out burger!  

 My favorite part of the trip, however, was without a doubt driving through the northeastern corner of Oregon near the Umatilla National Forest!  We got to the mountains full with evergreen trees right at sunset, and immediately rolled down our windows- AHH the smell of fresh evergreen trees is my new favorite!  By this point, I was second guessing our relocation choice- did any schools need teachers in Oregon?? 
                                   

As we continued to head northwest the next day, though, there was no question that we were headed for the right place for us.  City + glimpses of Rainer + fresh blue water + surrounded by greenery (the only time I can handle blue and green together these days ;) )  = one of the best places to live.  Driving in was so beautiful that I could almost forgive the big 12 stuck in the mountain (never thought I’d have a least favorite number until I moved to Seattle).

Since that day, it has been a period of non-stop business as we got all settled in at our new apartment,
  
(Michigan & DI themed, of course!)

 tried to learn how to get around the area, and prepped for the beginning of the school year!  We’ve loved almost everything about our new surroundings (I mean..we wouldn’t miss the traffic). The best part is… it isn’t just the scenery that we’re loving about our new home- our school district is truly everything we could have hoped for and we have felt so welcomed at our schools!  We’re very fortunate to be in buildings with so much support and with wonderful people.  It’s certainly a good thing that we love our schools so much, because its basically our second homes for now, and the sole reason this blog post is coming our in October instead of August. 

It’s been crazy, but I wouldn’t change it for the world.  I love learning new things,working to become a better teacher every day, and of course I love my firsties J 


We hope to expand our list of fun things that we’ve gotten to do and places to explore in the Pacific Northwest outside of our classrooms, but here’s some things we’ve managed to do so far!

First Hiking Experience- Cougar Mountain in Issaquah


  


Rainier National Park


No comments:

Post a Comment