Thursday, July 14, 2016

July- the Calm Before the Storm.



It seems like forever since we made the decision to pack up and move across the country to pursue our careers in teaching, and we still have a little less than a month to go!  The next couple weeks will fly by fast, though, and there’s still so much to do.  Collecting materials for our classrooms is in full swing, and we are slowly turning our living/dining room into a storage unit.  Two lower el. teachers in a one bedroom apartment without physical classrooms yet is interesting, let alone getting it and all of our other belongings across the country!  We’ve gone through every option possible- getting rid of everything that can’t fit in a car, trying to attach a small trailer to our car, and renting a moving truck.  We even considered taking my dad’s ’91 Suburban, Old Blue, across the country with us (see pic. below).  Although the hot August trip with windblown hair due to no air conditioning would have given us a lifetime full of stories, I’m not too disappointed that our suburban road trip didn’t work out.  It seems as we're back to square one, and with having 2 cars full of teaching stuff alone, its looking like an expensive moving truck is our only option!  I can’t wait to keep you posted on our road trip adventure across the country next month- it’ll be entertaining, I’m sure.  


In the midst of figuring out our new lives as future Washingtonians, I’ve picked up a new hobby that I can’t help but share- especially to my teacher friends!  If you follow me on Instagram or snapchat you probably have noticed I’m a tad obsessed with bullet journaling.




If you’re not into planning everything down to the minute, this may not be your thing…but come on, have you been around a group of teachers?  If so, you know our planners are constantly out and we’re prepared for anything (which is why our dozen thirty-one bags we carry around with us everywhere are filled to the brim).  Bullet journaling is perfect for teachers because not only do you get to satisfy your craving for an office supply visit to pick out the perfect materials, but it is completely customizable.  We know all too well that in the world of education, nothing stays for very long and flexibility becomes our middle name.  Although I haven’t actively used this during a school year yet, I’m hoping this system keeps me organized and prepared throughout the year!  

Here is a video of the creator of bullet journaling explaining the basics of how to get started, but from there you can make it what you want!  I’ve included some pictures of what I’ve implemented in my bullet journal so far, and will probably add some more teacher-related things once the school year starts. If you're interested in joining the #teacherbujocult, Jessica Chung of Pretty Prints & Paper also has some great ideas for bullet journaling as an educator, and there are much prettier-looking BuJo’s than mine on Pinterest or on BohoBerry. 







Enjoy this warm July weather and happy bujo-ing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment