Well, the first day jitters are over and we are now going into our second week already! While the beginning of the school year is a crazy time, I LOVE the excitement that it brings. One of my favorite parts of the year is getting my room ready for Meet the Teacher.
In my district, students and families can come meet their teacher, check out their classroom, and drop off their supplies the day before school starts. I like to go "all out" during this hour with a photo booth and some extra treats for my kiddos. While it is a bit silly to set it up for just one drop-in hour, I love the look on my students' faces when they walk in and see their classroom for the first time. I want their first experience in my room to be filled with fun and make them feel welcomed.
Below are some pictures of some of the things I do to make meet the teach go smoothly in my classroom.
 |
| Having specific places for student materials is a MUST for meet the teach- it saves so much time when going to put away supplies! |
 |
| These fish are just taped to the poster. Parents can grab one if they see something they have at home to donate. |
 |
| Having a photo booth is my favorite! I love seeing kids make new connections and pose for pictures with friends from last year. Parents also love a reason to take more pictures of their kids. |
 |
| On table for students to take home: popcorn gift, "ready confetti" from the first grade team, classroom handbook, information about me, and scholastic reading club information. |
 |
| My room right before families came in. Having a powerpoint with steps always helps when giving directions! |
 |
| Had to take a selfie of my "first grade rocks" shirt! |
No comments:
Post a Comment